Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Champ is Crowned

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FELLER AL League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Field
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: A Champ is Crowned Reply with quote

Well done Mike and your K9 Chaos (I always think of Get Smart when I see that team name)

Kurt and Mike (Lawlers and Blitzkrieg) - great job taking it down to the wire. Only 3 points separating first and third.

Over at Bob, the other league I LA'd for, someone asked who were your $1 wonders, MVP and biggest busts?

For my Whitby Terriers, my $1 wonders would have to be J.D. Martinez, Dellin Betances and Jordan Schafer.

MVP goes to Dioner Navarro. His 12 HR's, 68 RBI's and even 3 stolen bases for $9 couldn't be beat. Yes, I'm in Toronto so it's a bit of a homer pick. Navarro being MVP is also the reason I finished 7th!

My busts go to Masahiro Tanaka, a $29 DL pick and Jonothan Singleton the strikeout machine and quickly fading prospect.

Great season everyone - see you next spring...
geoflin
10-and-5'er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Mike. Well done this year.

My two top $1 players were Doolittle and, if you count only September, Derek Holland. Biggest bust is easy - Verlander at $35. MVP was Brian Dozier, for $5 I got 23 HR, 21 SB and second in the league in R.

Last edited by geoflin on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Gillestar
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Mike! Great job! I wanted a 3rd straight title very badly, but you just outmaneuvred me......

My MVP would be David Ortiz at $6.

I have numerous busts, but I got Moreland for $13, and he immediately got injured....end of story!

Looking foreward to seeing all of you next spring.

Kurt

P. S. Great job to the other Mike who came in a close third....this was a great race right down to the last weekend! Congratulations on your great showing.

Kurt
khesmaster57@gmail.com
adavis
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, add my congratulations, Mike - you did a great job!

The most valuable Player would have to be Bautista - hard to argue with 30+ homers and 100+ RBIs - closely followed by Viciedo (because 21 homers for $4 is pretty good!). Biggest bust? Well, that $18 I spent on Nate Jones looks pretty foolish now. Embarassed Didn't get much from C.C. or Brad Miller either. And there's only one candidate for $1 wonder - Collin McHugh, who will likely get a lot of ROY votes and maybe even a few 4th or 5th place votes for Cy Young.
Rick Smetana
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Mike! Next year, the REDZ will hopefully provide a little more competition that we did this year.
dabob
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Great job all and a great league. Next year can't come soon enough.

Bob

Feller
Bell
Sparky
Bob
Clemente
Pale Ale
K9_Chaos
10-and-5'er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. It was a battle all the way to the end. Love the competition. I've been toward the bottom of the standings since joining the league in 2009, so this is especially gratifying. This has been a fun season. Every manager seemed to be pretty active with their teams, which is important to keep the league interesting and competitive. Looking forward to next year. I agree with Bob when he said next year can't come soon enough. Although my Mariners fell short again this year (nothing new), I am still looking forward to post season.
Unlike past years, my pitching was outstanding this season. Richards(5), Shoemaker(1) and Kluber(5) were huge for me. The rest of the staff didn't hurt me either.
Beside my pitching, Altuve did it all. He's a very valuable part of my team.
I was disappointed that I only got a half a season out of Machado. Expected more from him, but he is still young.
Again, thanks to all the managers for making it a fun and competitive season. Thanks to you William for your time and effort to the league and thanks to Crosley also.
See you all next season. Mike in Charleston, SC but still a diehard Mariner fan.
GT
Impact player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Mike! Nice job! Also to Kurt for keeping it a tight race.

My MVP is Mike Trout (and probably will be for the next couple of seasons). Honorable mention for a partial season of Miguel Cabrera.

As for busts, it is probably Billy Butler. Not expensive, but I spent the whole season waiting for him to get going and he never did.

My biggest problem was Wins. I couldn't get a win to save my life. With SPs like Darvish, Anibal Sanchez and (later) Chris Sale, I was definitely not expecting to finish dead last in the category. Only Darvish got to double-digits in wins (10)...

$1 wonders go to Wade Davis and Jake McGee. Davis was 3rd on my team in wins with 8 (!). In-season pickup Carlos Carrasco was great for me as well.

Thanks to all of the other owners as well, this is a pretty active bunch. I probably had more trade talk in this season than in any other.

See you guys next year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FELLER AL League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: