Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAAB rules...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sloppy Thurston
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: FAAB rules... Reply with quote

Are the FAAB rules posted somewhere. Specifically I would like to understand how the budget works. In clemente my team has $62 and I thought the budget was $60. What's up?
William Field
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: FAAB rules... Reply with quote

Quote:
Are the FAAB rules posted somewhere. Specifically I would like to understand how the budget works. In clemente my team has $62 and I thought the budget was $60. What's up?

You are correct, the budget is $60. Until last season, FAAB was $60 + any money not spent at the draft. I'm guessing you spent $258 so the LA added the $2 to your $60. Should just be $60 though.

As for rules, they are here in the forum. There is FAAB FAQ below.
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, good luck with the FAAB rules. I think the currently definitive version can be Rosetta-Stoned from this post: http://forums.mocksports.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=111310&highlight=faab+rules#111310

Second, your FAAB budget at the start of the season is $60 PLUS whatever money you had left at the end of the auction. Apparently you only spent $258 in bids, so your $2 balance went to your FAAB pot.

“Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like. They’re like left-handed pitchers – they all have a screw loose somewhere.”

― Anthony Caruso (as Louis Ciavelli), The Asphalt Jungle
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta work on my sprints. William beat me by a minute-fifty.

“Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like. They’re like left-handed pitchers – they all have a screw loose somewhere.”

William Field
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this post from Shane on March 10, 2013:

Automating the Leagues / FAAB Budget / Reals Changes

The relevant bit is:
Quote:
FAAB Budget
BTW, the FAAB budget for this next year will be $60. I'm also not sure if FAAB dollars will be allowed to be traded (I'm hoping the LAs can adjust FAAB budgets, which would then mean a message to the LA to move the dollars would be all that would be required).

No mention of adding in unspent draft dollars...
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was added later.

If we ever find out what rules we're going to stick with, maybe I'll have some time to codify them.
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneVG wrote:
I think that was added later.

Is it just me or didn't we already cover that?

The post that William refers to is dated 10 Mar 2013 and does not mention combining unused auction dollars with the $60 budget: http://forums.mocksports.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=108265&highlight=automating#108265

The post linked in my response above is dated 27 May 2013 (or about 2 1/2 months later) and specifically mentions the combined budget: http://forums.mocksports.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=111310&highlight=faab+rules#111310. These aren't "official" rules - they were compiled by, I think, Steve Shifrin - but they are described as "the" FAAB rules.

Checking my recollection after reading William's post, I found that several leagues - I don't recall which ones - seemed to have a uniform $60 budget from the start of the season, so the carryover of unused auction dollars doesn't seem to have been universally applied. It's rare for every owner in a league to use exactly $260 in the auction.

ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really would be a good idea of someone compiled the "official" what I'd call "classic" Mocksports FAAB rules (well, it isn't really "FAAB", but I don't know what else to call it) into one post in the FBB section. Then it shouldn't take me too much effort to integrate it into the website rules page (and remove the old NL rules).
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneVG wrote:
It really would be a good idea of someone compiled the "official" what I'd call "classic" Mocksports FAAB rules (well, it isn't really "FAAB", but I don't know what else to call it) into one post in the FBB section. Then it shouldn't take me too much effort to integrate it into the website rules page (and remove the old NL rules).

I'd be happy to do that. Just the sort of geeky old guy project that makes you think of me first! (You did, didn't you?)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: