Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Baseball 2014 - Getting Ready!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Baseball 2014 - Getting Ready! Reply with quote

I'm a little behind. I have the spreadsheets ready to go, and will be sending out the renewal emails soon. I just have to finish the accounting from last season.

It looks like each league will have the option of having their own LA. Each league will still be monitored by a commissioner, who will have to deal with the FAAB bidding. I'll put more details in the emails.

I'll post here when the emails are sent.

Thank you for your patience!

Last edited by ShaneVG on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RayCunn
Grizzled vet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Ripken AL Reply with quote

The section appears to be closed. What happened to the League?

Ray

-2008 Cardiac Champions Reno Rough Riders
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIpken didn't compete last year due to lack of interest.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten the renewal emails sent, but I have finished up the accounting from last year.

Good news - the existing 11 leagues will be free this year! As you remember, OnRoto gave us a significant discount last season due to unkept promises, and also lowered the ongoing price. So what was paid by owners last year will almost cover the costs for this season. I'll pick up the rest - not having to keep track of payments will it well worth it for me!

As soon as I send out the renewal e-mails, I'll post a poll in the leagues to decide if that league will be going with the OnRoto or Mocksports FAAB. If the league chooses the manual method, then someone in the league will have to volunteer to LA the league. (FAAB bids will still go to an independent commissioner, who will notify the LA of the winner.) If no volunteers are found, the league will still have to go to the OnRoto method.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane, do you mean to say someone in the league would have to LA. I have been an LA for a league I am not in, and am willing to do so again, if needed. Also even if the manual method is not chosen, I would think an LA would be needed for approving trades.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Shiffrin wrote:
Shane, do you mean to say someone in the league would have to LA. I have been an LA for a league I am not in, and am willing to do so again, if needed. Also even if the manual method is not chosen, I would think an LA would be needed for approving trades.

A hands-on LA would be needed only for manual leagues, and it should be someone in the league, so they have a buy-in to keep things caught up.

Trades will also be set to automatic. Automatic leagues will still be monitored by someone I'd call a "Commish" (probably one AL and one NL, although it depends on how many leagues go Auto), to make sure everything is running smoothly, and to receive trade protests.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: