Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be Fantasy Football in 2013?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Future of MockSports Football
I am willing to help with the day to day operations and want to keep football alive
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
I want to keep football alive here, but can't help! Sorry!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's been fun, but there are a lot of other sites that have features that this site doesn't so let it die.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

John Kobe
Gruntled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Will there be Fantasy Football in 2013? Reply with quote

Since we're already a week into August and opening weekend is approaching quickly, a decision needs to be made on MockSports Football 2013.

If you don't know already, I 'retired' from sports in general in January. Since then I have watched a hand full of Nats baseball games, most of them in person, but not much else in the way of sports. Since I no longer spend my time watching sports, I no longer have much interest in fantasy sports. Jared took over the running of Sudsy and Pale during the baseball season, but he has a newborn son in the house now and has little or no interest in taking over and running football on his own.

What we need to find out is if there are people out there that are willing to take on the work required to keep this form of fantasy football alive. There is a good amount of work to be done each week to make things run smoothly, but it isn't hours and hours of manual labor every day either. One person can do most the required work once the drafts are over, but having extra help for some tasks would be a better solution. The big task each week is entering stats after the games end, since there is no easy or affordable solution for stats that I have been able to find over the years.

Response to this posting will determine whether football here a MockSports lives on or fades into retirement. Let me know if you want to keep it alive or if there are other more attractive options out there that are just as fun and interesting that require no extra work. A decision need s to be made very soon, because the vast majority of the work involved will be getting ready for a new season and getting renewals out and back in the short time left before the season starts.
mcjon61
Arbitration-eligible

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: I'll help to keep it alive. Reply with quote

Not very technically savvy though.
Rick Raso
League minimum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Hell Ya (Keep it Alive) Reply with quote

John;

I volunteer to assist and do whatever you need done to continue this. Let me know.

Rick
The Waffler
Arbitration-eligible

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Poll Reply with quote

I really enjoy the game and particularly this site but, in addition to being technically ignorant, I can not be counted on to help out on a regular basis. Whatever happens, I want to thank you for everything you and Jared have done. In short, I really enjoy Mocksports fantasy football and I will certainly continue to play as long as it is available but I am pretty useless. BTW, Sorry it hasn't quite clicked for the Nats this year.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of retiring from fantasy football, but I too would like to thank John, Jared, not to mention Matt and Amy for all you have done over the years to make this a special experience. I hope it continues, but I plan to limit myself to baseball here assuming it continues.
Chuck Brooks
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really sad...........
I gave up baseball last year because some folks felt like they had a million dollars on the line and a trade would keep them from winning....
the football side of mocksports was one I could count on for easy going, fun loving folks........
I have the time to do it but not the savvy.....Im what one would call an ole coot! HA....I can help anyone who takes over if that happens....
John, thanks for all you've done in the past.....

2005 Randy Mo$$ Pot League Champs
2008 Morgan BB Champs
2009 Posse FFB Champs
2009 Monsters FFB Champs
2009 Steel FFB Champs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jimandmar
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Let me know what needs to be done. I'll make time to do whatever I can. I have time off the next couple of weeks, so end me a pm and tell me what I need to do to get draft boards up.

Would you like a proposed draft schedule? can you tell me how to get the draft renwel pages up.

Jim
Sudsy Pilsner Division Champ '05, '07, '12,'13
Sudsy Lager Champion 2007, 2012, 2013
Pale/Sudsy World Champion '07, 2012,2013
John Kobe
Gruntled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I appreciate the people who have offered to help, I can't ignore the fact that this topic has been viewed 155 times, but only garnered 4 votes. That tells me that the interest level is such that Mocksports football isn't really worth the time and effort it takes to run it. Plus at this point we're almost out of time to get things up and running anyway, since drafts need to start in about two weeks and it takes longer than that to get renewals and freeze lists taken care of.

So it is with a heavy heart that I am declaring football here officially over. Thanks to those few who offered to help and/or run things! I just don't think it's worth the time and trouble involved.
Chuck Brooks
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any idea of another place to go to find some good football fantasy being played? dont want fox sports or espn or some of that automatic draft thing and then no body plays til the end of the season....

2005 Randy Mo$$ Pot League Champs
2008 Morgan BB Champs
2009 Posse FFB Champs
2009 Monsters FFB Champs
2009 Steel FFB Champs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

This was a great game, and it is sad to see it go. It was very unique (which is part of what made it difficult to keep going, of course), but the spin was what really made it a cut above the rest.

Thank you for all of your work!
jimandmar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could all decide to start a league at some site, and hope to bring MockSports back for basesball in 2014 - I can't live w/out Pale/Sudsy baseball and try to get football back up then too.

Let me know if interested, what your site preference is, and we could set up lagues - cbs isn't bad.

Jim
Rick Smetana
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one said anything about baseball (including Sudsy/Ale) going away. John just didn't have the time to run the football this year.
jimandmar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that's true!
John Kobe
Gruntled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudsy and Pale will continue as long as there are enough owners willing to keep playing all season. No plans to stop them at this time.
Rob Barton
Impact player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: THANKS JOHN!! Reply with quote

John,

I have to say I have always enjoyed my time at MockSports as the environment was truly unique in both the design and execution of the fantasy football experience. Thanks for all your hard work over the years in exchange for nothing more than an acknowledgement of thanks.

THANKS for the FUN RIDE.

Rob

2005 No Name Champ
2011 Ringo Champ
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: