Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

League LA's

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Justice
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: League LA's Reply with quote

Shane,

haven't seen much said about the LA's for the leagues.

Some of us have lost leagues, etc. Are we to assume that we either handle the same leagues as last year if they still exist or are you working on reassignments.

Let us know.

thanks

ed
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a note in the site admin section about handling the auctions.

I should start another thread there regarding the LA assignments. I'll have to take a tour of the message boards tonight to see how the vote on automation is going - the more automated, the less need for LA time. The biggest time demand would be the pre-season roster manipulation (stripping down to the freeze, then adding the purchased players).

If an LA still wants to supervise the leagues they administered previously, I'm all for it! Consistency is a good thing.
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaneVG wrote:
There is a note in the site admin section about handling the auctions.

I should start another thread there regarding the LA assignments. I'll have to take a tour of the message boards tonight to see how the vote on automation is going - the more automated, the less need for LA time. The biggest time demand would be the pre-season roster manipulation (stripping down to the freeze, then adding the purchased players).

If an LA still wants to supervise the leagues they administered previously, I'm all for it! Consistency is a good thing.

In case you didn't get a chance to check yesterday, I've just (11:15 EDT 3/14) gone through the message boards. Right now:

Robinson is in for automation (6-1 in favor).
Two leagues (Bob and Sparky) are on the verge; Bob stands at 5-0 in favor, Sparky is at 5-1 in favor.
Four leagues have 4 votes in favor - Banks is 4-2, Clemente is 4-1, Bell is 4-3, and Feller is 4-1 in favor.
As for the rest, Berra is almost not voting - it's at 1-1; Gibson is 3-1; Snider is 2-1 and Uecker is 3-3.

If there's a "critical mass" number that OnRoto will want to see participate to make their generous adaptation work pay off, we should at least be able to offer three leagues (Bob, Robinson and Sparky) as test cases.

Frankly, I'd rather see a mix of automated and non-automated leagues this year anyway, as long as a fair number of veteran owners are involved in at least one of each. Feedback from the Smetanas, Graeffs, McGranahans, Dembinskis, Carlsons, etc. of Mocksports would be valuable going forward.

“Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like. They’re like left-handed pitchers – they all have a screw loose somewhere.”

― Anthony Caruso (as Louis Ciavelli), The Asphalt Jungle
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crosley wrote:
If there's a "critical mass" number that OnRoto will want to see participate to make their generous adaptation work pay off...

It isn't a matter of OnRoto, it's a matter for our staffing. I think we're looking pretty good, though, we'd just have to find volunteers to tend to the remaining manual leagues.
Ed Justice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane,

I have been trying to clear my work schedule conflicts so that I could LA again this year, but it is pretty much impossible for me to do so. My hours change everyday and I can't plan on anything.

It is with regret that I need to advise you of this. I was LA'ing BOB and ROBINSON.

The part that I know I can't do is LA the drafts. I still might be able to handle the day to day stuff.

Let me know how you want me to proceed.

thanks

ed
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Justice wrote:
Shane,

I have been trying to clear my work schedule conflicts so that I could LA again this year, but it is pretty much impossible for me to do so. My hours change everyday and I can't plan on anything.

It is with regret that I need to advise you of this. I was LA'ing BOB and ROBINSON.

The part that I know I can't do is LA the drafts. I still might be able to handle the day to day stuff.

Let me know how you want me to proceed.

thanks

ed

Actually, both Bob and Robinson have chosen to automate, which should take the load off of the day-to-day stuff. I anticipate the LAs would just check in on the leagues on the site, looking for irregularities, and fielding questions / complaints on the message board. Would you still want to do that kinda thing?
Ed Justice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can handle that. I was concerned about the drafts which i cant make. Ed
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have the drafts pretty well covered. The list is in the Site Admin section.
EdMcGranahan
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Caps and gallons Reply with quote

Are the old "AL" cap numbers and dates in place this season for all leagues? Don't recall.
Rick Smetana
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Salary Cap

The total salaries of the players on each team's Active Roster must be at or below the salary cap, as expressed in the table below:

Code:
Effective Through    AL/NL    Above Auction Cap
May 31              $285       $25
July 31             $310       $50
End                 $360       $100

The rules were never updated but the above numbers are based on the old AL salary cap, since the NL went to 14 position players and 9 pitchers, it now matches what the old AL cap.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: