Frozen for DNA
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: Aurora, Colorado
|Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 pm Post subject:
|I just realized I haven't updated the rules page yet. In the interim, here are the FAAB rules (Thanks to Steve!):
During the season free agents (including waived or released players) may be signed, without limit, subject to the following rules:
A. FAAB Claims
1. Each team shall have, for the purpose of acquiring free agents during the course of the season, a supplementary budget of 60 units plus any amount not used in the auction. This amount shall be known as the teamís Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB).
2 Players are subject to FAAB bidding in two circumstances: (a) During the season when a player becomes Active and Newly Available as announced in the Reals, he may be claimed through the FAAB procedure;
(b) When a player is Active and newly Available to be claimed because of a Release by a team in the FBB league, he may be claimed through the FAAB procedure.
3. For newly available and active players, the FAAB bidding period will expire 58 hours (10 PM on the second day) after his Activation as posted on the website designated in Section 7 Rule 3. When a player is Active and newly Available to be claimed because of a Release by a team in the FBB league, the FAAB bidding period will expire 48 hours after the posting of the Release on the forum site.
4. Up until the FAAB deadline, a team may submit a bid for one or more free agents. These bids will be submitted to the stats service via the Internet, or to the League Administrator as the League Administrator directs should the stats serviceís system prove to be inadequate.
5. The minimum bid shall be one (1) unit; the maximum bid shall be the amount remaining in a teamís FAAB budget limited also by the salary cap. The bid should include the amount bid, the full name, position, and team of the player claimed and the player to be waived or reserved.
6. FAAB bids may be made in the alternative and will be prioritized in the order in which they are submitted. Eg., (1) Reserve Tom Small P NYM, claim Mike Cantwell P MIA $6, or Steve Dembinski P StL $6, or Rick Pontious P LAD $7; (2) Reserve Steve Shiffrin P LAD, claim Steve Dembinski P Stl $6 or Rick Pontious P LAD $7.
7. A free agent goes to the highest bidder. If more than one team submits the same high bid, the player goes to the team that is lowest in the standings at the time the results are announced by the League Administrator. Salaries for players acquired via FAAB will be equal to their winning FAAB price unless the bid is lower than the original salary of a waived player. In the latter circumstance, the salary will be the original salary of the waived player. As long as they are on the active roster, the salaries of players acquired in FAAB or otherwise will be counted against the in-season salary cap.
6. FAAB dollars may be traded for use in the season in which they are traded.
B. Claims Outside the FAAB System
1. Immediately after the expiration of the 24 post-auction period, owners may claim eligible un-drafted players for $1 each provided that they correspondingly waive or reserve eligible players.
2. When the 58 hour FAAB period has expired, a newly available and active player as designated on the Reals may be claimed for a $1. When the 48 FAAB period expires, a player who has been released by a team in the FBB league can be claimed at the price he carried when he was waived.
2. Salaries resulting from non-FAAB claims do not count against the FAAB budget. Those salaries will be counted against the salary cap so long as the player is on the active roster which is true of all players on the active roster however they may have been acquired.
Section 6, Rule 7, 5 would be added: Subsequent claims are controlled by Section 7, 8 Claims. In particular, see Section 7, Rule 8, B,1.
Section 7, Rule 3, 2 would be amended to the following: A newly available player will always be subject to Section 7 Rule 8.
Section 7, Rule 5 would be amended as follows: With the exception of FAAB bids, all proposed Transactions (including Releases, Reserves, Claims, Trades and Summary Reserves) must be posted on the appropriate Mocksports message board, as indicated by the League Administrator. The League Administrator will place the results of the FAAB process on the forum board adding at least the runner up bid if there was another bid.
Section 7, Rule 9, 2.2 should be added: FAAB dollars, as described in Rule 8, may be traded for use in the season in which they are traded.