Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAAB Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: FAAB Questions Reply with quote

We should have a thread where FAAB questions are submitted, for everyone's (LA and owner) reference.

I'll start with a set that was e-mailed to me, and then scan the message boards for other.

Will The LA is to maintain the total FAAB available & post in forums (as they did with claiming & supercedure)?
Yes, in the message that kicks off the new week, edited as the week progresses.

Does a bid of $1 count to the total FAAB? (I assume the answer is yes, if claimed (i.e bid) during the bidding)?
Yes, if during the FAAB period (trying to pick up someone before they hit first-come-first served). Standard claims do not count.

What happens if a players is demoted or otherwise reserved during the process? Does bidding continue until the timeline is done?
As with supercedure, the timeline is cut short - the player is no longer available to be claimed. Bids (or claims) made when the player was still available, however, do not just vanish - they are evaluated and the winner is awarded the player.

Since bidding is private, if the newly available player is demoted or otherwise reserved; should we post a private or public msg to reserve the player?
No, the owner would need to post a public message. It is not tipping the owner's hand, as the FAAB process was cut short (see above). If the owner didn't have the highest bid, the transaction would simply be denied.

When does the clock start for a player released during the initial process? I assume the clock starts when the FAAB transaction is posted by the LA?
The player released by the FAAB bid is newly available when the results of the process is posted, and his FAAB period is 48 hours.

However the effective transaction date is when the message is sent, correct?
Correct.

When relying on the LA, we might (highly likely) have significant delays or lags in the time of processing, which might cause problems.
Not if we can help it! LAs need to ask for help when necessary - we have plenty of hands available.

Do we have to bid a player’s salary if he is released? IF not what is the FAAB count? That can a winning bid be 1 unit for $19 player? Is his salary still $19 or is it $1? What if we bid 25 units, is the salary still $19?
As per 4(f) The salary for player acquired via FAAB will the GREATER of the winning bid or the original salary of a waived player.

What about retroactive transactions? I assume REALS are the gospel still.
We avoid retroactives. The REALS are still the single source of when a player's clock starts. If I've missed someone, I need a PM letting me know to post the REAL. Claims that would take effect before the REAL's effective date would be denied.

Here is a scenario:
Day 1 REALS Ty Cobb Traded to AL
Day 2 REALS Ted Williams 15-DL

Transaction #1: TEAM bids $1 for Ty Cobb/Releases Babe Ruth (via private msg to LA)
Transaction #2: TEAM Claims Ted Williams/Releases Babe Ruth (time-stamped sometime later DAY 1 on the Forums)
Transaction #3: TEAM bids $1 for Babe Ruth/Reserves Ted Williams (via private msg)
Transaction #4: TEAM Reserves Ted Williams (per Reals) CLAIMS Tony Lazziero (via public forum))
Things now are compounded when either TEAM wins or loses the Bid. Now add other teams to the process.
We have to address the transactions one at a time, in order. If subsequent transactions are dependent on a pending transaction, the subsequent transactions are pending as well. (This may tip off a private bid!)
Transaction #2 would be PENDING until the resolution of Transaction #1. If someone outbids for Cobb, Babe's 48 hour clock starts with the posting timestamp for transaction #2. If nobody bids higher for Cobb, Babe's 48 hour clock starts when the results are posted, and Transaction #2 is DENIED.
Transaction #3 would depend on the bidding, and Transaction #4 would be PENDING until the outcome of #3.

I hope it gets this confusing, because that would mean that FAAB was being used much more regularly than Supercedure!

Last edited by ShaneVG on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question was about "updating" a bid. If you send an update where you change something from your original bid, It would be effective as of the timestamp on the update (2nd) message.

As for how to make a FAAB bid, that is up to your LA, as we try to experiment and figure out what'll work. Yes, this will cause a bit of inconsistency between the leagues, but we'll settle on something for next season (if we don't flush it).
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another example:

Johnny Bench is DLd per Reals
Ray Fosse is traded to the NL per Reals
Tim McCarver is available

In private msg is sent, Reserve Bench CLAIM Fosse $2 FAAB
A public claim is then registered on Forums Reserve Bench Claim McCarver

As stated, the FAAB claim/reserve was made first. The subsequent reservation of Bench (and thus, the claim of McCarver) would be PENDING until the first transaction is resolved. Yep, this would let everyone know that you bid on Fosse, so you might want to hold off.

If the initial transaction was outbid, then the McCarver claim is processed.

If Bench was released, the transactions would still be processed in order. Bench's 48 hour clock would start either whenever the outcome of the FAAB was posted (assuming the $2 bid held up) or the timestamp of the McCarver claim if it didn't.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this last example could create serious problems. Owners will not know when the clock begins on this notion. I think it should begin when there is a public posting regardless of a prior FAAB claim. In either event the waived player will be waived. So why not start the clock as soon as the waiver is made public. Even if the public posting is denied because of a prior FAAB claim, the player will still be waived. Only the player acquired will be different.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Shiffrin wrote:
I think this last example could create serious problems. Owners will not know when the clock begins on this notion. I think it should begin when there is a public posting regardless of a prior FAAB claim. In either event the waived player will be waived. So why not start the clock as soon as the waiver is made public. Even if the public posting is denied because of a prior FAAB claim, the player will still be waived. Only the player acquired will be different.

I don't think it'll create a problem. The public message will have been posted before the FAAB results are in. If the FAAB result overrides the public posting, the "end" of the waived player's FAAB period will be extended, it will never be shortened.

As as an LA in this situation, I would not make an owner re-submit if it turns out he submitted his bid "too early" because of a FAAB result delayed when the player was available.

Inconvenient, possibly, but it shouldn't be a serious problem.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what is the point of extending the FAAB period. Who is being protected? I do not see the point.
DAWG
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Robinson just had our first FAAB situation

Question: How do we handle public claims of FAAB players?

Seperate Question: Can we WAIVE AND CLAIM players during the 24-hour post draft transactions?

Description of situation:
TEAM A WAIVES PLAYER 1 CLAIMS Player 2 (during 24-hr claiming)
(both Player 1 & 2 are active and available)

TEAM B RESERVE PLAYER 3 CLAIMS Player 1 (during 24-hour claiming)
(Player 3 is reserveable)
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I disagree on both counts, I think Shane has ruled that players can be waived in the 24 hour period and are subject to FAAB. If a FAAB bid is made within the 48 hour period, it trumps a public claim. If no claim is made during the 48 hour period, the public claim should be approved. Is a waiver acquisition during the 24 hour period a $6 acquisition? I would think so. But what do I know.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAWG wrote:

Seperate Question: Can we WAIVE AND CLAIM players during the 24-hour post draft transactions?

I'm not understanding the first question. If someone puts a CLAIM in on someone eligible for FAAB, that claim is denied.

Question two - one can waive a player during the post-auction transactions, however, that player is then subject to FAAB once the season begins, since that player cannot be subsequently claimed during the "pre-season".

7 Post-Auction/Draft Transactions

Upon a posted message by the League Administrator noting the completion of the auction or draft all owners may reserve eligible players and claim eligible un-drafted players for a period of 24-hours.
DAWG
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that is not what happened. Within the 24-hour Transaction thread, REDZ waived Seth Smith, and a couple of posts later, in the same thread and within the 24-hour post auction, Seth Smith was successful claimed by PINK as a 24-hour post hour transaction and salary set at $6 (orginally $1 I believe). Hopefully Rick can remedy this in Robinson, not a big deal any which way BUT when something like this happens AND it is a BIG deal we need to set precedents and be consistent. I know things are frenzied post auction/preseason, hence the no waiver rule as I recall.

I assume (even tho the transaction is valid now) that the transaction needs to be resubmitted as the FAAB clock has run out. (HINT: Steve if you want Smith go reclaim him)

ShaneVG wrote:
DAWG wrote:

I'm not understanding the first question. If someone puts a CLAIM in on someone eligible for FAAB, that claim is denied.

Question two - one can waive a player during the post-auction transactions, however, that player is then subject to FAAB once the season begins, since that player cannot be subsequently claimed during the "pre-season".

7 Post-Auction/Draft Transactions

Upon a posted message by the League Administrator noting the completion of the auction or draft all owners may reserve eligible players and claim eligible un-drafted players for a period of 24-hours.

EdMcGranahan
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noting that in some leagues teams are moved to the bottom of the priority order after a successful bid. In other leagues the orders remain the same.

Another example of inconsistency ... but at least were consistent with being inconsistent.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules provide that tie bids are to be broken by awarding the player to the team that is lowest in the standings at the time the results are announced by the League Administrator.
The standings is the source to break ties, not a priority order.
MBES
Impact player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Deleted trade posted in the wrong thread. Sorry!]

Last edited by MBES on Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MBES
Impact player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Please delete the last post....I posted in the wrong thread!
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shouldn't be a priority order in FAAB leagues. Probably just force of habit Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: