Frozen for DNA
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: Ithaca, New York
|Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 am Post subject: Should Calhoun adopt FAAB? If so, in what form?
|The powers that be may permit individual leagues to adopt a FAAB system. I have rewritten two sections of our rules to incorporate a FAAB system for purposes of discussion. Three other rules would also need to be amended to conform. Do you favor adopting a FAAB system? If so, what parts of this proposal are not acceptable?
7 Post-Auction/Draft Transactions
Immediately after the auction, players can be claimed under the rules set out in Section 7 Rule 8 on claims. There will be a post-draft FAAB auction period that will expire at 10:00 PM on the second calendar day after the date of the auctionís beginning.
No Trades can be made during this period.
Beginning with the first transaction period following the conclusion of the draft through the end of the regular season, free agents in the free agent pool may be signed, without limit, subject to the following rules:
A. FAAB Claims
1. Each team shall have, for the purpose of acquiring free agents during the course of the season, a supplementary budget of 100 units plus any amount not used in the auction. This amount shall be known as the teamís Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB).
2 Players are subject to FAAB bidding in two circumstances: (a) Owners may use FAAB to bid on players who are not drafted in a post auction FAAB period; (b) During the season when a player becomes Active and Newly Available as announced in the Reals, he may be claimed through the FAAB procedure.
3 The post-draft FAAB period will expire at 10:00 PM on the second calendar day after the date of the auctionís beginning. During the season, for newly available and active players, the FAAB bidding period will expire 58 hours (10 PM on the second day) after his Activation as posted on the website designated in Section 7 Rule 3.
4. Up until the FAAB deadline, a team may submit a bid for one or more free agents. These bids will be submitted to the stats service via the Internet, or to the League Administrator as the League Administrator directs should the stats serviceís system prove to be inadequate.
5. The minimum bid shall be one (1) unit; the maximum bid shall be the amount remaining in a teamís FAAB budget limited also by the salary cap. The bid should include the amount bid, the full name, position, and team of the player claimed and the player to be waived or reserved.
6. FAAB bids may be made in the alternative and will be prioritized in the order in which they are submitted. Eg., (1) Reserve Tom Small P NYM, claim Mike Cantwell P MIA $6, or Steve Dembinski P StL $6, or Rick Pontious P LAD $7; (2) Reserve Steve Shiffrin P LAD, claim Steve Dembinski P Stl $6 or Rick Pontious P LA $7.
7. A free agent goes to the highest bidder. If more than one team submits the same high bid, the player goes to the team that is lowest in the standings at the time the results are announced by the League Administrator, or the reverse order of standings if the FAAB bidding is in the pre-season.[Note, ties could be broken according to the amount of FAAB dollars going into the FAAB period, but then further ties might need to be broken] Contracts for players acquired via FAAB will be equal to their winning FAAB price. As long as they are on the active roster, this amount will be counted against the in-season salary cap.
6. FAAB dollars may be traded for use in the season in which they are traded.
B. Claims Outside the FAAB System
1. When the FAAB period has expired, a newly available and active player as designated on the Reals may be claimed for a $1, but the proposed transaction will be denied if the player had been claimed in FAAB process. Non-FAAB claims will not count against the FAAB budget.
2. When a player is Active and newly Available to be claimed because of a Release by a team in the FBB league, he is subject to Supercedure. The Supercedure Clock expires 48 hours after the posting of the release on the FBB boards.
2.1 Any team may make a claim on a player subject to Supercedure.
2.2 At the end of the Supercedure Period, the claim by the team with the lowest position in the Supercedure Order is Approved.
2.21 In an Existing League, the Supercedure Order is initially determined by the Auction Order.
2.22 In a New League, the Supercedure Order is initially the opposite of the Draft Order.
2.23 Upon the Approval of a Supercedure Claim, the team with the successful claim is moved to the end of the Supercedure Order.
2.4 A team may claim more than one player subject to Supercedure, however each claim MUST be posted in a separate message.
2.41 If an owner claims multiple players subject to Supercedure, the transactions will be processed in the order the transactions were posted.
3. A player who is claimed outside of Supercedure retains his previous salary. That salary is not counted against the FAAB budget of the acquiring owner, but is counted against the salary cap so long as the player is on the active roster which is true of all players on the active roster however they may have been acquired.
Section 7, Rule 3, 2 would be amended to the following: A newly available player will always be subject to Section 7 Rule 8.
Section 7, Rule 5 would be amended as follows: With the exception of FAAB bids, all proposed Transactions (including Releases, Reserves, Claims, Trades and Summary Reserves) must be posted on the appropriate Mocksports message board, as indicated by the League Administrator. The League Administrator will place the results of the FAAB process on the forum board adding at least the runner up bid if there was another bid.
Section 7, Rule 9, 2.2 should be added: FAAB dollars, as described in Rule 8, may be traded for use in the season in which they are traded.
Berra Champion 2014