Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mIRC Installation Reminder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: mIRC Installation Reminder Reply with quote

Just a reminder, if you want the most effective method of connecting to the chat room, use your own IRC clientl

mIRC (a basic IRC program for Windows) is available at http://www.mirc.com, and is relatively easy to install and use.

Fortunately, the server we use for our auctions is now a part of the standard list of IRC servers available in mIRC!

When you do an installation, if you get a choice, do a "Full" rather than an "Upgrade".

Then, when the program fires up (you don't have to register, you may just have to wait a few seconds for the "continue" button to be ready), the mIRC Options box should open up. Put junk in the name and e-mail boxes (I use "ask" and "me.com"). Place your Nickname (TEAM-##) in the Nickname box and whatever sounds like a good but not common alternative.

Then, on the left side of the box, click on "Servers". Scroll down through the list that comes up, and double-click on "Webchat". "Random Server" should appear underneath "Webchat". Double-click on "Random Server" and you'll be taken back to the main Options. A little past half way down on the right side your server should be displayed, and it should say "Webchat: Random server". Then click the "Connect to server" button.

If Webchat doesn't show up on your list, you'll have to click "Add". In the window that pops up, enter "Mocksports" in description, "irc.webchat.org" as server, and "AAA_Mocksports" as group (that way it'll be at the top of the list. Note that whatever port is listed here needs to be what gets through your firewall, and can be changed to suit.

This should connect you to the server. If not, you'll probably have to open your firewall. This might be done a couple of different ways. Some firewalls are set by program (in this case, it would be wherever you installed mIRC - probably c:\program files\mirc - with the key program being mirc.exe). Others are set by port (in this case Port 7000).

If you connect, a "mIRC Favorites" box should appear. In the top line, you can enter the channel. In our case, that would be #Mocksports or #Mocksports_B (do remember the # in front!).

And that should be it!

mIRC is much more flexible - you can simply do a lot more than the java chat client. However, IRC servers are the original chat servers of the Internet (actually, I think they predate the Internet). So all of that bad stuff you hear about internet chat also started here. So if you have kiddies, you might want to either take steps to keep them from using it, or supervise their use.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping this blast from the past back to the top, as the instructions are still valid.

I seem to be having a problem getting the Java link to the conference rooms to work. However, the Flash pages seem to be working better than ever.

Make SURE you have the latest Flash installed!

Flash for Room A: http://baseball.mocksports.com/ms_flash.htm
Flash for Room B: http://baseball.mocksports.com/ms_irc_b.htm

This season "B" is for "Berra", as that is the only auction that'll need to use it. The rest will be in "A".
dabob
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Shane

Had the Java pages working a few minutes ago but have been unable to get into the Flash pages. I downloaded the latest version of Flash so that should not be an issue.

Funny thing is now I can't get into either.

Hmmm?

Bob
dabob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

For what it is worth I am getting an Application Error "ClassNotFoundException" when trying to load the Java pages. The problem is in the ConferenceRoom.class

Am sure I will get this fixed but am posting in case others have similar issues.
dabob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I surrender. I can't get either to open now. Perhaps it is something on the server side so will try again later.

Bob
dabob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

LOL I love computers.

I have the mIRC version working.

Flash is trying to connect without any luck.

Java is totally not working although I had it working earlier.

bob
Ed Justice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have both the A and B rooms with flash working on my computer. Do I still need to add the Mirc program.

let me know.

thanks

ed
dabob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I guess I am jinxed. Have reinstalled Flash and Java both and still unable to get either to work. This is wierd since they have both worked in the past.

HTML is working as is mIRC.

Bob
dabob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Okay, I have solved the Flash problem. You can not use a / in your name. I was trying to login using "01/BUMS" which is does not allow. However when I use BUMS it works fine.

For future use and just in case someone else tries to login using a /.

Still not luck on the Java site. Not sure what the problem there is as I had it briefly yesterday.

Good luck all.

Bob
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get the java to work at all. I'll leave the link up, since someone was able to. I haven't had any problems with the flash.

It may not be a bad idea to load the mIRC just in case.
Joe Izzo
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash is working for me today. It didn't work yesterday when I tried it.

Joe
Gillestar
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the mIRC and got it working....hope I remember how to on Sunday.....lol

Thanks for the instructions Shane....

Kurt

Kurt
khesmaster57@gmail.com
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not get into either conference room with java or flash. I got into conference room A with mirc. Where is the Berra draft. If in b what "channel" is it?
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see. It is in the instructions though I got into A without using a #
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: