Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about the FAAB Rules as posted

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Sims
Grizzled vet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Question about the FAAB Rules as posted Reply with quote

So my question relates to the actual salary a player will have.
the rule I am talking about is:
f. The salary for player acquired via FAAB will the lesser of the winning bid and the original salary of a waived player.

Seriously, if I want Adam Dunn after he has be released and I get him for $11 then his orginal salary of 42 will not be his salary on my team?

even worse yet when some one drops nice prospect with a dollar salary and there are multiple bids the winner gets to put him on his roster for a buck even though he might have bid 8-10 on him to win the bid?
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about the FAAB Rules as posted Reply with quote

Mark Sims wrote:
So my question relates to the actual salary a player will have.
the rule I am talking about is:
f. The salary for player acquired via FAAB will the lesser of the winning bid and the original salary of a waived player.

Seriously, if I want Adam Dunn after he has be released and I get him for $11 then his orginal salary of 42 will not be his salary on my team?

even worse yet when some one drops nice prospect with a dollar salary and there are multiple bids the winner gets to put him on his roster for a buck even though he might have bid 8-10 on him to win the bid?

That's a typo. I'll fix it.
Mike_Cameron
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how so?

2005 and 2008 SNIDER Champs... chumps everywhere else
bhazlewood
Arbitration-eligible

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be the GREATER of the bid or waived salary, correct ?
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhazlewood wrote:
Should be the GREATER of the bid or waived salary, correct ?

Correct!

Last edited by ShaneVG on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike_Cameron
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that this has been adopted in at least two leagues I am in I kinda need clarification on one part of the rules.
3c says:
FAAB bids may be made in the alternative and will be prioritized in the order in which they are submitted. Eg., (1) Reserve Tom Small P NYM, claim Mike Cantwell P MIA $6, or Steve Dembinski P StL $6, or Rick Pontious P LAD $7; (2) Reserve Steve Shiffrin P LAD, claim Steve Dembinski P Stl $6 or Rick Pontious P LAD $7.

Do I understand this properly to now allow conditional transactions? Is it actually easier for LA's to handle the transactions done this way than it is if the claims are made in different posts? Looks confusing to me. But then most of you are aware that I am easily confused.

ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_Cameron wrote:
Do I understand this properly to now allow conditional transactions? Is it actually easier for LA's to handle the transactions done this way than it is if the claims are made in different posts?

I didn't read any of the discussion, but there was a lot among the LAs. Simply because the FAAB transactions are expected to be rather infrequent, it might be easier for them to be conditional.

Also, if your "alternative" to your FAAB bid isn't subject to FAAB (for example, If I don't get My Guy and my Plan B has been available for awhile, so would be a standard pickup), that second transaction would have to be posted separately and publicly.

LAs will also have to be aware that successful bids may invaliated standard claims where the owner is trying to hedge his bets. The owner's preference is going to be dictated by posting / e-mailing time.
Mike_Cameron
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt response.
If the LAs are happy with this, then fine by me. We just never, to my knowledge, accepted conditional claims before. But change is the harbinger of progress.

One further clarification: you wrote
"Also, if your "alternative" to your FAAB bid isn't subject to FAAB (for example, If I don't get My Guy and my Plan B has been available for awhile, so would be a standard pickup), that second transaction would have to be posted separately and publicly."

Does this mean if my second or third choice in a free agent claim is not subject to FAAB then that claim must also be posted as a separate claim in an open post at the same time as the FAAB claim?
So claims would be made in batches?

ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that it'll mean that the claims would need to be made in "batches", just that if an owner that is pressing for every statistic may need to post a non-FAAB claim to cover a failed bid, so the LA will need to keep both options in mind.

The only way we are really going to see what will happen is when it happens. I think Steve came up with a solid framework, and don't think there's anything that'll require in-season tweaking, but I am anticipating plenty of conversations as this season wraps up regarding the details.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: