Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Week 12 Playoff Outlook

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> Monsters of the Midway
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jared Kobe
Grizzled vet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Week 12 Playoff Outlook Reply with quote

Monsters of the Midway

Clinched Seeds:

Clinched Division:

Popeye’s Predators has clinched the Butkus Division.

Clinched Playoffs:

Race for #1:

Popeye’s Predators, with a win last week and the Lumberjacks faltering, have opened up a two game lead in the race for #1. All 4 of the 7-4 teams, Monster Mashers, Lumberjacks, Iowa Loose Ends, and Sacrificial Rams, still have outside chances at the top seed. The Loose Ends and the Quakes will need the Predators to lose out while winning out to take the top seed. They will also need the Mashers to not reach 10 wins. The Lumberjacks have already defeated the Predators, and the Mashers play the Predators in Week 13, so they could possibly withstand the Predators reaching 10 wins. In any case, the magic number for the Predators remains at 2.

Division Races:

Stydahar - The Monster Mashers defeat of the Lumberjacks last week makes this division race wide open. They now have split the season series, and both now have a 3-1 division record. The Mashers currently hold the title via Points For, in which they have a 44 point lead (682 to 638). The out of division games in Week 13 will play a crucial role in this Division race, as the Mashers play the league’s #1 team, Popeye’s Predators, and the Lumberjacks play current Singletary Division leader, Sacrificial Rams. The Turkey Vultures still have a long shot to win the division, needing to win out, and for both the Mashers and Lumberjacks to lose out (they would win the tie with a 4-2 division record).

Singletary – The Sacrificial Rams and Iowa Loose Ends are both coming off wins going into their crucial matchup this week. The Rams defeated the Loose Ends in their first meeting and hold the current lead in the division. The winner this week will have the inside track to the division title by gaining a one game lead both in the standings and in division record. If the Rams win, they will sweep the season series, the first tiebreaker for a division title. If the Loose Ends win, they will even the series, and clinch at least a tie in division record, which will make their 35 point lead in Points For, the third tiebreaker, all important. But the possibilities remain for either team to claim the title, regardless of the outcome of this week’s game.

Butkus – Popeye’s Predators has clinched.

Race for the Playoffs:

#4 and #5– All 4 of the 7-4 teams, Monster Mashers, Lumberjacks, Iowa Loose Ends, and Sacrificial Rams, are jockeying for these spots. They have two games of separation from the 6th seed, and the losers of the divisional races will most likely only fall to here. The Mashers have head to head tie breakers against both the Loose Ends and Rams, while the Lumberjacks have lost to the Loose ends and have a Week 13 game against the Rams.

#6, #7, and #8 – Oatmeal Stoats, Bayou Heat, and Buffalo Bulldogs III, hold these spots espectively, all at 5-6. The Stoats still have games against the Heat and Bulldogs, but have defeated each in their previous matchups. The Heat just completed a season sweep of the Bulldogs. The order of these three teams is still up in the air, and the California Quakes, Turkey Vultures, and I See Dead People are still knocking at the door of the playoffs a game back at 4-7. ACE Piano Movers still have a long shot at the playoffs if the Vultures, I See Dead People, and the Heat all lose out, and the Quakes lose their last two after defeating I See Dead People.

Oatmeal Stoats currently have head to head tie breakers over the Vultures, Bulldogs, and Heat with games remaining against the Bulldogs (12), I See Dead People (13), and Heat (14).

Bayou Heat currently have head to head tie breakers over the Vultures and Bulldogs with a game remaining against the Stoats (14).

Buffalo Bulldogs III currently have head to head tie breakers over I See Dead People with games remaining against the Stoats (12) and Quakes (13).

California Quakes currently have head to head tie breakers over I See Dead People, the Stoats, and the Heat with games remaining against I See Dead People (12) and the Bulldogs (13).

Turkey Vultures currently have head to head tie breakers over the Quakes and the Bulldogs.

I See Dead People currently has head to head tie breakers over the Vultures and Heat with games remaining against the Quakes (12) and Stoats (13).

<b>2001 Pale Ale Champion
2003 Steel Curtain Champion
2005 Steel Curtain Champion
2007 Steel Curtain Champion
2007 Posse Champion
2008 Posse Champion
2009 CSONKA Champion
2009 Hall of Fame Champion
2010 Purple People Eaters Champion
2011 Purple People Eaters Champion
2012 Pale Ale Tap Division Champion
2012 Purple People Eaters Champion
2012 CSONKA Champion</b>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> Monsters of the Midway All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: