Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congratulations

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> Perfect Season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Barr
Vogon Poet Laureate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are due Jim Cull, who leads his closest competitor by four with three picks to go. Jim is a repeat winner -- he won in 2002, if I'm not mistaken (and tied for the lead last year, losing on a tiebreaker).

Jim wins a Fantasy Football Mastermind in-season newsletter, which Larry Bapst has used to inexplicably make the Hall of Fame league Super Bowl against me. So, see, it works!

Just as dramatic, though: Will Jim or Larry get a perfect category? Larry and Jim both hang their hats on Jake Delhomme as of this writing. The rules stipulate that there can be only one winner of a perfect category prize. I forget if it says how to break a tie. (A perfect category gets you FF Mastermind's $60 "Super Bowl" package.)

Good luck Jake, and congratulations, Jim! We're vacationing with my folks in Florida from tomorrow through Wednesday the 5th, so I may be on only sproadically during that time.
Bapst
10-and-5'er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUOTE (Matt Barr @ Dec 30 2004, 02:53:10 PM)
Just as dramatic, though:  Will Jim or Larry get a perfect category?  Larry and Jim both hang their hats on Jake Delhomme as of this writing.  The rules stipulate that there can be only one winner of a perfect category prize.  I forget if it says how to break a tie.  (A perfect category gets you FF Mastermind's $60 "Super Bowl" package.)

Matt,

I'm pretty sure that the first tie breaker is the player who won the overall Perfect Season in the previous year. Hey, that was me, wasn't it? Huh. Who would have thunk it.

Congrats, Jim and good luck in next year's Hall of Fame Superbowl against a Barr ... it should be a tradition, don't you think?

Bapst
jimandmar
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all - it's been a good run lately. Wouldn't ya' know that living soo near the Detroit Lions I'd get Jason Hanson as my only wrong kicker so far. Since we both have Delhomme we could pick a list of tie breaker qb's. But if the winner overall actually gets a spot in the Champs league I'd be satisfied as it's unlikely I'll get there by winning Steel against Doom. After a 2-5 start I'm amazed I even made the playoffs.

Anybody know what the most right picks out of 51 there has been. Would 47 be the most, if not I'll switch to another QB - maybe Sage Rosenfels-that should be solid.

Jim
Sudsy Pilsner Division Champ '05, '07, '12,'13
Sudsy Lager Champion 2007, 2012, 2013
Pale/Sudsy World Champion '07, 2012,2013
Matt Barr
Vogon Poet Laureate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the overall all-time record is. 47 is impressive, though. Highest cumulative points is also the tiebreaker (rule 5) if more than one entrant gets a perfect category. So it might behoove Lawrence to pick someone other than Delhomme.
Chuck Brooks
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last week is a booger though. I think 2 years ago there were several of us that went into the last week with a perfect category and everyone missed it. At least that is what my memory serves me.
I checked out 2003 but is there anyway to bring up the years past results? It would be interesting to look at. Surprised

2005 Randy Mo$$ Pot League Champs
2008 Morgan BB Champs
2009 Posse FFB Champs
2009 Monsters FFB Champs
2009 Steel FFB Champs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bapst
10-and-5'er

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUOTE (Matt Barr @ Jan 1 2005, 10:30:11 AM)
Not sure what the overall all-time record is. 47 is impressive, though. Highest cumulative points is also the tiebreaker (rule 5) if more than one entrant gets a perfect category. So it might behoove Lawrence to pick someone other than Delhomme.

I will stick with my pick this week ... I am only in it for the Glory of a Perfect Category!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> Perfect Season All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: