Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not baseball, but still Mocksports (maybe)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Not baseball, but still Mocksports (maybe) Reply with quote

I know we're about to hit the starting line on the 2014 NFL season (yes, I do acknowledge the existence of other sports from time to time), but I thought I'd give this a shot. I've set up a fantasy footbal league at nfl.com that comes fairly close to recreating a Mocksports FFB league in terms of scoring outcomes. As those of you who were owners in those leagues know, Mocksports football was shut down after the 2012 season after we ground John K into a fine powder and scattered him to the wind.

There are some things missing in this new nfl.com league - no differentiation between playmaking and overall defenses, for example - but I ran the actual results from a few games played by my Ice Road Truckers in the 2012 season and the numbers come out reasonably close. Right now, I only have one league set up (Mocksports FFB 2014) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on getting enough owners signed up in time to start by Week 1 or 2. If you are interested, follow this link:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=2747068

Use the password car0l0wen.

This has also been posted in the Fantasy Football forum. Feel free to pass the word if you've just been waiting for another chance to beat me at something here.

“Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like. They’re like left-handed pitchers – they all have a screw loose somewhere.”

― Anthony Caruso (as Louis Ciavelli), The Asphalt Jungle

Last edited by Crosley on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Izzo
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do you think the draft might be?
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the draft. I set the league for an offline draft so that I wouldn't need to keep changing the date and time and could set something firm once we had most of the owner slots filled. Unfortunately, there are only three owners (including me) signed up as of 12 Noon Sunday (8/31), so a draft time discussion may be moot.

“Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like. They’re like left-handed pitchers – they all have a screw loose somewhere.”

Rick Pontious
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on when the draft may be I'd be interested as well.

Also, I have room in my ESPN league if anyone is interested. Please email me @ rickgz02@aol.com
MORGAN NL Champions: 2006
BELL AL Champions: 2004 & 2005
Ringo Football Champions: 2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rocky
Grizzled vet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Candlestick Ghosts Reply with quote

Hey just signed up let me know what is needed to do .....

Rocky
NL SNIDER PREDATORS
NL Clemente McCOVEY COVE SHARKS
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're now up to 5 owners. I'm thinking that we can make this work with either 12 or 10 owners. (8 if nobody minds having really deep rosters!) I'm going to post something in most or all of the individual FBB league forums to see if we can scare up the 5-7 more teams before the weekend.

I haven't looked into it at the NFL site, but I'm assuming we can actually do the draft after the Thursday night game and still have stats starting with Week 1. For those already signed up, be thinking/posting your best (or worst) times for that draft.

Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Pontious wrote:
Depending on when the draft may be I'd be interested as well.

Also, I have room in my ESPN league if anyone is interested. Please email me @ rickgz02@aol.com

Rick - Feel free to PM me with your best dates and times and impossible dates and times for a live draft. We have 7 owners as of 8 PM on Monday, 9/1. I'd love to have you in the league (seems like kind of a no-brainer, given your real-world experience Very Happy ) and 8 owners would make this a real possibility. I'd rather have at least 10 teams, so that the player list wasn't quite so deep, but I think we could make a start if we only had 8.

Can you PM details of your ESPN league to me? I'm no football guru, but I'm willing to be the lamb-to-the-slaughter at least one more time. Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: