Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to bite the bullet?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdMcGranahan
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Time to bite the bullet? Reply with quote

The LA's, for all their diligence and sincerity, are under siege. I've seen -- and contributed to -- more issues than ever. They've been graceful facing live bullets but these guys shouldn't be forced to deal with all this crap.

I understand Clemente is not running perfectly, but I believe the time has come to bite the bullet and -- if it's practical -- switch all the league during the all-star break.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether Ed is suggesting that Clemente should be moved or all the leagues. If he is proposing a vote, I am mildly opposed - believing we should stick with the results of the earlier polling for the balance of the year and vote again. I assume Ed is not suggesting that the leagues should be changed on his say so, but if he is, the suggestion should be sent to the trash heap.
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think we're a long way from being ready to switch all the leagues mid-stream. I'm an OnRoto skeptic - they may be sincerely willing to try, but they seem unable to fully deliver - and having looked in on my son's Clemente team from time to time this year, I don't have a lot of confidence that they are prepared and able to adapt to us. (We are the customer, after all.)

I think we are on the verge of abandoning 20+ years of Mocksports without fully exploring the problems to be solved (which don't seem to me to be any different than the problems of 5 years ago) and ALL of the possible solutions. If we go fully automated, this site and its leagues will not exist by 2017.

“Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like. They’re like left-handed pitchers – they all have a screw loose somewhere.”

― Anthony Caruso (as Louis Ciavelli), The Asphalt Jungle
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Waiver Meister is certainly NOT ready for prime-time yet.

Cros, you mention that if we go fully automated, this site and its leagues will not exist by 2017. I venture to say that the same is true if we fail to automate by 2017.

The board software hasn't been updated in probably 10 years, and I can't even keep long-experienced LAs on the same page. We can't continue to depend on a small handful of LAs plus a couple of guys that get guilted into being LAs. A couple of leagues with the veterans might still be around, but as they get bored, those leagues too, will pass.

We will always have our live Mocksports-style auction and keeper system. That is what separates us from all of the other computer-list-auction-systems.
William Field
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a hybrid system for now? Owners can make their own roster moves - activate/waive, reserve/claim free agent or waive/claim free agent but all Bid Meister eligible claims go through the LA's?

Right now Feller has just gone to page 3 of transactions for this week but only 2 of them were Bid Meister eligible. It would take a lot of pressure off the LA's and the owners would enjoy the immediate update.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what we are doing right now in Clemente. But that has problems, too, such as a player not being promptly awarded to a winning bidder getting picked up as a standard free agent by someone else.

OnRoto has said they are going to have a chance to take another look at it the waiver meister again next week. It was working better before something happened, so I am kind of confident that it can be fixed.

I would prefer to roll everything out at once rather than have to learn new processes twice.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: