Mocksports Forums Forum Index Mocksports Forums
leagues of extraordinary gentlemen

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OnRoto Bid Meister

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: OnRoto Bid Meister Reply with quote

In looking through the settings, it looks like OnRoto's "Bid Meister" is set up to only work on "free agents" and not "waiver claims". So, in order to make the "switch", we would have to put all of the available players straight to free agency. There wouldn't be any "first-come / first-served". Of course, if a player has been sitting on available for awhile, you might be safe by only bidding $1. I am asking OnRoto how Bid Meister deals with ties.

I can set bids to be accepted daily, so that doesn't look like it would be much of a problem.

The main question - since even the routine pickups would count as FAABs, what should we set the budget to be? It was $60 without the routine claims. Maybe $80? $100?

Last edited by ShaneVG on Tue May 27, 2014 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
piercemi
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can they set a 0$ bid?
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our FAAB is 48 hours. On Roto can do daily (apparently Shane's choice), as he indicated in an e-mail to me) two or three times a week, or weekly. Daily is too much and a trap for those away from their computer for a day. If the choice is daily or our system, I strongly favor the latter. Even the other more reasonable choices I would reject in favor of our system despite the maddening delays. I would be willing to be an LA and a FAAB administrator for a league that needs outside help. On Roto is very good, but I like the charm of Mocksports.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the response from OnRoto:

-------------------------------------

First, on your question below -- the Bid-Meister can handle both waivers and FAAB, it's just really clumsy if the processes occur on different cycles -- like weekly FAAB but daily waivers, etc. That was the point of the new waiver meister option which we got about 95% built last year -- we feel really bad about not tying up the loose ends on that for you, and would like to try to get it to fly this year.

You can also run first-come/first-serve process in concert with the bid-meister -- in the period after the bids run and before the next line-up deadline.

How do you want things to work? We'll get that set up for you this year.

-------------------------------------

So, it looks like it will work for daily first-come-first-served and daily waiver-bids/FAAB.

The big hangup is the 48 hour clock. If we slow it down from daily, we'd have to slow down the first-come claims, too. I'd think bids could be accepted through their mobile site, so that could help for those that can't get to the computer every day.
ShaneVG
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piercemi wrote:
Can they set a 0$ bid?

We don't have $0 players. All players must be at least $1.
Gillestar
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think $100 for the whole season makes sense.

Kurt
khesmaster57@gmail.com
gashouse
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100 is reasonable, but what happens if you run out of FAAB and a player gets injured?
dabob
In the pantheon of greats

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Status Reply with quote

If I understand the set up pages we can still have a waiver eligible player available for waiver bids longer than one day. I think this would eliminate the "no computer access" issue.

For example, a player gets added to the pool and tagged as a waiver first thing. He is available for waiver claims for two days after which he is awarded to the team with the appropriate bid. If after two days he is not claimed he goes into the FA pool with daily transactions.

Seems reasonable to me.

Bob
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve
I am in an an onroto league (run by Rob Leibowitz of mastersball - who used to be in our home Ithaca leagues) with a $100 FAAB budget. (My impression is that the $100 budget is standard though some leagues like Tout Wars permit a $0 bid). If someone runs out of money when a $0 bid is not permitted, they cannot acquire a player. But in the many years I have been in the league, I do not remember it happening. The league does allow trades to include FAAB dollars (which I think is a good idea), but the trade of those dollars were usually designed to give the receiving owner some leverage in FAAB bidding rather than to rescue them from the kind of desperate situation you describe.
You may remember in the NFBC satellite leagues where we co-managed a team, there is a $1000 FAAB budget and no trades of players are permitted let alone FAAB dollars. But there are no salary caps in NFBC and a larger budget than $100 in a league with salary caps does not seem reasonable to me.
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabob
I think the waiver delay would speak to a significant part of my concern. What about callups and people traded from one league to the other?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mocksports Forums Forum Index -> FBB 2014 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: