Owner vs. Fan Conflict

There's no such thing as "off topic."

Owner vs. Fan Conflict

Postby Joe Izzo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Had a big time case of this last night. As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a Yankee fan (keep the boos down). Last night as is the case from time to time 2 of my pitchers were facing each other (Ponson vs. Pineiro). As the game progressed both pitched well and the Mariners lead 4-2 going to bottom of the 9th. They bring in Putz who is one of my closers. Now comes the conflict. Root for Seattle so Piniero gets the win and Putz the save or the Yanks who are always playing must win games this year. The Yanks tie it up and then with 2 outs the skies open up and it rains for 2 hours. If the game is cancelled it rolls back to 4-2 and I get my win and save. Otherwise they play on and I get nothing maybe not even the Yankee win. A little after midnight the Yanks pull out the win on a Melky homer. Did I win or not? Only the final standings will know for sure.

Joe
Fowlballs in BOB AL
2017 FBB LA for Robinson AL and Banks NL
Joe Izzo
Frozen for DNA

Postby JCGreat13 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:37 pm

As you can tell from my Avatar I am a Red Sox fan. Joe you should expect this type of response from me...

The only win is a Yankee loss!!!
Jay Cohen
BOB-AL
Bloody Sox
JCGreat13
Grizzled vet

Postby Joe Izzo » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:29 am

Jay,

2 words...Fausto Carmona

You would have liked the 2 saves for your immortal Bloody Sox but you didn't mind your Red Sox being spoon fed 2 more wins. (Still behind the Yanks though!)

Joe
Fowlballs in BOB AL
2017 FBB LA for Robinson AL and Banks NL
Joe Izzo
Frozen for DNA

Postby Chuck Brooks » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:30 pm

Joe
It could be worse. A couple of days ago, I had two pitchers on my roster that were opposing each other. Now, I figure, that a one hitter thrown by both pitchers would be nice with one of them having a home run.
So what happens? They both get rocked for 4 and 5 runs in the first inning and go on to get bombed the rest of the game.
Now thats a lose/lose situation.
I do hear that the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is very heated up there.
Cheers
Chuck Brooks
cmb1144@gmail.com

2005 Randy Mo$$ Pot League Champs
2008 Morgan BB Champs
2009 Posse FFB Champs
2009 Monsters FFB Champs
2009 Steel FFB Champs
Chuck Brooks
Frozen for DNA

Postby JCGreat13 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:17 am

Joe, I still have nightmares about Mr. Carmona, but yes I will take the "W''s" for my beloved Red Sox.

The month of August will decide the AL East, then one of us will be praying for a wild card!!
Jay Cohen
BOB-AL
Bloody Sox
JCGreat13
Grizzled vet

Return to Chatter