Update on my condition

Update on my condition

Postby Ed Justice » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:54 pm

I had my left knee replaced on June 21. The surgery went well and the rehab is progressing I have only had one complication so far and that is with my oxygen levels. We can't seem to get them stabilized. Doctors all say they're not concerned though. But of course I am concerned

I've been scheduled for release from the hospital this Friday assuming no further complications due to my oxygen levels.

I have been on a lot of pain medication and trying to focus on reading or writing has been difficult. Hopefully I will be able to resume as LA for this league sometime early next week. If there are any complications I will let you know.

Ed
Clemente/Predators
Robinson/Predators
Ed Justice
Frozen for DNA

Re: Update on my condition

Postby Rick Smetana » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Take the following week and get well. No need to hurry back. I got Uecker covered until you feel like you want to dive back in.

I would rather you take it easy be fully capable when you do return, than be in a lot of pain and feel that you have to get the transactions caught up.

You can have as long as you need, just let me know when you feel are ready to return, and I'll hand back over the reigns. But until then, take your time and get well! I know what you are going through, as I had a knee replaced several years ago. Please, get well. Uecker will be here when you are ready to get back into the swing of things!
Rick Smetana
DodgerBlu@aol.com
Rick Smetana
The Commish

Postby EdMcGranahan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Ed ... had left knee done March 2015 and the two best bits of advice were a) used the pain meds. Don't let the pain get ahead of you, b) be diligent with your PT. It only hurts for a while. Three months after surgery I climbed the mound to the Wright Brothers monument at Kitty Hawk. Still a twinge now and then but it was worth the minor setback.
Good luck and keep in touch.
ED McGRANAHAN
EdMcGranahan
Frozen for DNA

Postby Steve Shiffrin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:48 am

Pulling for you Ed. All the best.
Steve
Clemente Champion 2016
Berra Champion 2014
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

Postby Gillestar » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:38 pm

I kinda know what you mean Ed...after my stroke I looked at stats and could not put any meaning to them...main thing is for you to get well!

Kurt
Gillestar
Frozen for DNA

Postby TomL » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Ed,

Hope your recovery is going well!
Morgan Champs: 2011
Gibson Champs: 2013, 2014
Snider Champs: 2015, 2016
TomL
In the pantheon of greats