[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mocksports Forums • View topic - Minor league draft

Minor league draft

Minor league draft

Postby geoflin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Geoff
Sparky - Blue Sox
Bell - Sapphire Sox 2016 Champions
Bob - Indigo Sox
Robinson - Azure Sox 2017, 2018 Champions
geoflin
In the pantheon of greats

Re: Minor league draft

Postby geoflin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:23 pm

So far I have received 3 lists, am waiting for the other 7. Please get them to me ASAP as the season begins on Thursday and I would like to finish up this process quickly so it doesn't drag on too long into the regular season.
Geoff
Sparky - Blue Sox
Bob - Indigo Sox
geoflin

Postby Steve Shiffrin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 pm

I realize I am not in this league, but the requirement of submitting 25 ranked players in my view deviates too far from past practice. If an owner is making the 17th pick, the owner can make a more intelligent pick if he knows who is off the table. He can look carefully at the choices on his list and make a choice. He cannot make that sort of discriminating choice as he could in the past if he is required to submit a wholesale list.
The approach contemplated here might go faster (though it is unlikely to have the kind of broad participation hoped for), but it sacrifices hoped for speed for a more thoughtful draft.
Bell Champion 2017
Clemente Champion 2016
Berra Champion 2014
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

Postby gashouse » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:01 am

Until we incorporate the minor league draft into our auctions, a process like this is preferable to the one we used last year.
Sandbaggers -Banks, Berra,Clemente,Snider
Oktoberfest- Feller,Bob
gashouse
Frozen for DNA

Postby Steve Shiffrin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:46 am

I'm in a league of 12 owners outside of mocksports in which a minor league draft proceeds without time limits set. It takes three days. We could have a similar draft in which the LA has the discretion to warn an owner that if he does not make a pick soon, his pick will be passed over.
My concern here is that the method (a method contrary to past practice) has been decided without community discussion and could have implications for other leagues.
Bell Champion 2017
Clemente Champion 2016
Berra Champion 2014
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

Postby geoflin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:54 am

Rick sent an email to all of the LA's suggesting that we do it this way. Uecker has already begun to do so and I expect other leagues will follow.
Geoff
Sparky - Blue Sox
Bob - Indigo Sox
geoflin

Postby gashouse » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 am

To deem a process a past practice, wouldn't it need to have happened more than once? We could argue that it set a precedent, but the Commish has final say...
Sandbaggers -Banks, Berra,Clemente,Snider
Oktoberfest- Feller,Bob
gashouse
Frozen for DNA

Postby Steve Shiffrin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:13 am

Yes, the Commish has the final say, but his actions are not immune from criticism particularly when they are initiated without prior discussion. Did the Commish indicate how LA's are to handle the leagues (which will be all of them) when owners do not submit the list of 25? I further expect that the lists will be defective in that they will include players already taken. In my view, a poor process is worse than a slow process.
Bell Champion 2017
Clemente Champion 2016
Berra Champion 2014
Steve Shiffrin
Frozen for DNA

Postby geoflin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:00 am

I have now received 5 lists. I am missing lists from Nez Code Talkers, Slugs, Muppet Punchers, SHFC, and LURK. Please get them to me ASAP or if you are not planning to participate in the minor league draft please let me know that.
Geoff
Sparky - Blue Sox
Bob - Indigo Sox
geoflin

Postby chuck » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:52 am

I've just sent my truncated list to you, however I agree with Steve.

Chuck/LURK
chuck
Frozen for DNA

Postby Gillestar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Geoff...I understand what you are doing and all our PM's you sent me. The only suggestion I might make is to post a deadliine for teams to post their list....otherwise, this could take all season.

Kurt
Gillestar
Frozen for DNA

Postby geoflin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Geoff
Sparky - Blue Sox
Bob - Indigo Sox
geoflin

Postby Rocky » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 am

I am in the Philippines and getting you a list of 25 ranked players in a very short time is nearly impossible. I protest this minor draft the way it is run. No discussion just implement a poor option. Not happy.
Rocky
ROCKY
NL BERRA MCCOVEY COVE SHARKS
NL BANKS McCovey Cove Banana Slugs
NL SNIDER PREDATORS
NL Clemente McCOVEY COVE SHARKS
Rocky

Postby Rick Smetana » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:02 am

Rick Smetana
The Commish

Postby egritegan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:10 am

Dang, in the other league I'm in, it was done this same way and completed way faster than the long drawn out process last year. I thought it went great. I don't see what the big deal is, it's minor leaguers, half will be traded to the AL or get hurt anyway. That's my two cents anyway.
Tom P. Egan
tompegan@gmail.com

Dire Wolves - GIBSON NL
Baymen of Belize - 2017 SNIDER NL CHAMPS!
Ye Olde Crazy 88's - Back To Back '06/'07 Snider NL Champs

"So I’m ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face."
~Yogi Berra
egritegan

Next

Return to SNIDER NL League