Minor league roster clarification

Minor league roster clarification

Postby jumpngeorge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Ok, Holcomb was my 5th round pick. I know I'm not required to activate him this year. If I don't, will his salary be $2 for next year? Or will it be $5?
jumpngeorge
Impact player

Re: Minor league roster clarification

Postby Rick Smetana » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:04 pm

jumpngeorge wrote:Ok, Holcomb was my 5th round pick. I know I'm not required to activate him this year. If I don't, will his salary be $2 for next year? Or will it be $5?

If you activate him, he becomes subject to the annual $4 increase. You can keep him on the minor league roster at his salary $1, by not activating him, but if he accrues 50 IP, and you do not freeze him next year, then he becomes a free agent.
Rick Smetana
DodgerBlu@aol.com
Rick Smetana
Frozen for DNA

Postby jumpngeorge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:18 pm

So he wouldn't even get the $1 bump for next season. Given the sorry state of the Grits offense this year, it would be silly to activate him
jumpngeorge
Impact player

Postby Rick Smetana » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:00 am

jumpngeorge wrote:So he wouldn't even get the $1 bump for next season. Given the sorry state of the Grits offense this year, it would be silly to activate him

No, you can freeze him at the same salary/roster spot as long as he is not activated, and you would not have a minor league roster pick for the 5th round next year. So as long has he does not reach 50 IP this year, you could freeze him at as a minor leaguer for $1 next year. But if he reaches 50 IP this year, he will have to be activated to your MLB roster and then will be subject to the normal $4 annual salary increase.
Rick Smetana
DodgerBlu@aol.com
Rick Smetana
Frozen for DNA

Return to CLEMENTE NL League