[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mocksports Forums • View topic - WHAT A RACE!

WHAT A RACE!

WHAT A RACE!

Postby jumpngeorge » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm going to say this again. This has been the most competitive race I've ever been a part of. I think in 3rd with a realistic shot at 4 or 5 more points last week. Now I'm likely to finish 8th. I definitely regret a couple of decisions, but some of them I feel like I did the right thing but suffered unexpected results. Carpenter for Votto...I don't make that deal, I'm in third and I get to watch Robles play for the sandbaggers for like 100 years. How's that for a cherry on top? Waiving Muncy might not have been the smartest thing I ever did, but seemed like the safe play at the time. Can't help but feel the Warbirds let one slip away.

Looks like Tom is going to win a classic. None of the above self flagellation should take away from his great win.
jumpngeorge
10-and-5'er

Re: WHAT A RACE!

Postby Ed Justice » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 pm

well said, great race, and congrats to Tom on winning the Clemente Crown.

ed
Clemente/Predators
Robinson/Predators
Ed Justice
Frozen for DNA

Postby Crosley » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:59 pm

My first since winning both Uecker and Banks in, I think, 2006. Thanks, guys!
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

Postby halschild » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 am

Congratulations Tom!

Nice pickups on Wheeler, Muncy and Ryu. Go get a six pack of Yo-Hoo and enjoy watching the playoffs.

Thanks for a great season to all the Clemente owners and it’s only 180 days or so till opening day 2019.

Hal
Championships: Berra 2009, 2007, 2006/Banks 2005 & 2007/Seaver 1998
halschild
In the pantheon of greats

Postby Rick Smetana » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Great race!

Congrats Tom! Very well done. See you next year and we'll see if we can make it even tougher on you to repeat.
Rick Smetana
The Commish

Postby jumpngeorge » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:47 am

I might need to figure out how to not be hiker trash down the stretch next season
jumpngeorge
10-and-5'er

Postby TomL » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Congrats Tom! What a crazy year this division had. Your team had a great 2nd half.
Morgan Champs: 2011
Gibson Champs: 2013, 2014
Snider Champs: 2015, 2016
Sparky Champs: 2017
Clemente Champs: 2017
TomL
In the pantheon of greats

Postby Crosley » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Thanks again for all of the comments!
Crosley
Frozen for DNA