24 hour post auction DL/Minor pick-ups

24 hour post auction DL/Minor pick-ups

Postby Rocky » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 am

Mongoose NL

After watching and participating in 3 drafts, I have concluded that the 24 hour post auction pickup system is quite unfair as some people claim 3 or 4 at a time players still left as FA. Posted one at a time I get that. However, does it not make for a better league and more fairness if we have a DL draft or auction for those players in FA that is optional to attend? We could do that with the $ taken off when going on the DL or Minors. Here's how it could work. Say you have 3 players with a total of $24 coming off your books. You then have that amount to use to auction draft a player or players for those positions. Highest bidder wins as long as you do not exceed the cap. Do this as a silent auction online for first 24 hours. This takes a little more skill and better results for everyone. Please send comments to commish or me at mttamsi@gmail.com. Thanks for listening.
Rocky
ROCKY
NL BERRA MCCOVEY COVE SHARKS
NL BANKS McCovey Cove Banana Slugs
NL SNIDER PREDATORS
NL Clemente McCOVEY COVE SHARKS
Rocky
In the pantheon of greats

24 hour plan

Postby rotisserian » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 am

I agree with your premise, that the 24 hour 1st come / 1st served plan is inconsistent with the rest of the player acquisitions. The FAAB works just fine and though I lose more players than I want in FAAB, it is fair and will help the league.
Robb Wilson
robb187wilson@gmail.com
Championships go here:

(Crickets)
rotisserian
Grizzled vet

Postby gashouse » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:55 pm

You have some valid points. You might want to post your comments in the "FB 2014" thread, you might get more folks involved.
Sandbaggers -Banks, Berra,Clemente,Snider
Oktoberfest- Feller,Bob
gashouse
Frozen for DNA

Return to BANKS NL League