2014 "Mocksports" Fantasy Football?

2014 "Mocksports" Fantasy Football?

Postby Crosley » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:37 pm

For those of you who were fantasy football owners here in the past:

Crosley wrote:I know we're about to hit the starting line on the 2014 NFL season, but I thought I'd give this a shot. I've set up a league at nfl.com that comes fairly close to recreating a Mocksports FFB league in terms of scoring outcomes. There are some things missing - no differentiation between playmaking and overall defenses, for example - but I ran the actual results from a few games played by my Ice Road Truckers in our 2012 season and the numbers come out reasonably close.

Right now, I only have one league set up (Mocksports FFB 2014) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on getting enough owners signed up in time to start by Week 1 or 2. If you are interested, follow this link:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=2747068

Use the password car0l0wen.

We currently need 5-7 owners.
Last edited by Crosley on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?"

― Jim Bouton
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

Postby Crosley » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Update: 7 owners as of 8 PM EDT Monday, Sept 1. This may actually happen. :shock:

I'm going to post a poll in the Fantasy Football forum once we have 8 owners, regarding the best date and time for a draft. I STRONGLY prefer a live draft at nfl.com as opposed to an offline draft in a chat room somewhere, which sounds like a logistical nightmare to me. Thoughts and suggestions on the topic of the draft are more than welcome. 8)

A PM would probably be the best way to let me know - it's hard to ignore that pop-up when you have a new private message.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?"

― Jim Bouton
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

Postby Crosley » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:49 pm

One more update:

We have set a draft date and time for the inaugural pseudo-Mocksports Fantasy Football league at nfl.com. (Now that I think of it, I may rename to the Pseudo-Mocksports league.) The draft will be a reverse snake, starting at 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, September 8th.

If you are interested, we potentially have two slots open, as we are set to play with 10 teams in 2 divisions, but would prefer to play with 12 teams in 4 divisions. Go to http://mocksports.league.fantasy.nfl.com and use the password car0l0wen. (That's a lowercase L, not a "1".)

― Jim Bouton
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

Return to ROBINSON AL League