Farewell

Farewell

Postby ChazE » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Guys-

It is with a lot of soul searching and quite a bit of regret that I announce that I will not be back in the BOB AL this year. It will seem strange - I believe that this would have been my 25th year (or something like that). I have retired from work, and oddly, I have found that pursuing the things that I always told myself I wanted to do after I retired has left me with less, rather than more, "free time". In the past, I have always felt a little excitement as we get closer to pitchers and catchers reporting and I start to do my draft preparation. This year, I just feel the obligation of one more thing that has to be done.

It has been a great run, and I will still peek in from time to time. Cousin George's continued presence will mean that I will be kept in the loop. Still looking forward to keeping up with the couple of guys in the league that I have known for so many years. Good luck to you all this year!

Chas. E.
Chuck McLean
BOB AL CHAMP 2013 - WOLF
Now the Yorktown Prime Ribbies (RIBS)
ChazE
Grizzled vet

Re: Farewell

Postby Rick Smetana » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Sorry to hear that you won't be back. If you ever find some "free" time, please don't hesitate to look us up again!
Rick Smetana
DodgerBlu@aol.com
Rick Smetana
The Commish

Postby Joe Izzo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Darn retired people. You'll be missed!
Fowlballs in BOB AL
2017 FBB LA for Robinson AL and Banks NL
Joe Izzo
Frozen for DNA

Postby curt222 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 am

Guys - I had planned to post my own email similar to Chuck's but figured I should probably just post this here. I also have made the decision not to play fantasy baseball this year. I really struggled with this because this was my last league and I kept playing because the group of people in this league is truly exceptional. I wish all of you the best of luck now and in the future. It's been great to get to know more about many of you through facebook and I hope that continues. Thank you for all of the great memories through the years.

Dan
Dan Curto
Owner of the Ashland Icemen
curt222
Frozen for DNA

Postby chuck » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Sorry to see anyone leave. Usually everyone returns in this league.

To entice takers of the vacated teams I'm willing to give a choice of these players for nothing in return.

Bergman
Trout
Machado
Betts
McCullers

Only one per vacated team.

Chuck
chuck
Frozen for DNA

Postby Gillestar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:50 am

I am not really sure what your last post means Chuck.....??
Gillestar
Frozen for DNA

Postby chuck » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 am

<<I am not really sure what your last post means Chuck.....?>>

Welcome to BOB.

I didn't want to see BOB closed but some of the vacated teams didn't look too appealing so I was hoping that adding a Trout or Machado might make a team more attractive.
My offer still stands until I post my freezes. I don't believe anyone would object unless it sets a poor precedent?

Chuck/BATS
chuck
Frozen for DNA

Return to BOB AL League