Posting of Minor League draft results and...

Posting of Minor League draft results and...

Postby Crosley » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm

First, the minor leaguers drafted for 2017 have been added in OnRoto to the Farm roster of each team, except...

Frankie Montas was picked by Sapphire Sox in Round 4. Because Montas had MLB appearances in 2015, he should not have been available for the draft. Players in similar circumstances have been ruled ineligible in other leagues (possibly even in Bell). I am neither the Commish nor the Bell LA, so I am NOT ruling here. I am just pointing out that Montas maybe should not be added to Sox's roster - and has not been by me - and definitely that there is a ruling due here. My own inclination, FWIW, would be to remove Montas from eligibility and allow the Sox to repick for Round 4, even though all minor league drafts are now closed.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?"

― Jim Bouton
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

Re: Posting of Minor League draft results and...

Postby geoflin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 am

I understand the issue and did originally post an alternate choice for Montas, my 4th pick, Ariel Jurado. For my 5th pick I chose Jurado, but said if I already had him due to Montas being ineligible I chose Franklin Perez. So I have no problem if Montas is removed from my roster and Perez is added. In this case Jurado should be in the $2 slot and Perez in the $1 slot.
Geoff
Feller - Blue Sox
Bell - Sapphire Sox 2016 Champions
Bob - Indigo Sox
Robinson - Azure Sox 2017 Champions
geoflin
In the pantheon of greats

Postby geoflin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 am

I don't know who is responsible for the decision here but I would appreciate a resolution one way or the other and the addition to my roster of whoever my final minor leaguer is.
Geoff
Feller - Blue Sox
Bell - Sapphire Sox 2016 Champions
Bob - Indigo Sox
Robinson - Azure Sox 2017 Champions
geoflin
In the pantheon of greats

Postby Rick Smetana » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 am

geoflin wrote:I understand the issue and did originally post an alternate choice for Montas, my 4th pick, Ariel Jurado. For my 5th pick I chose Jurado, but said if I already had him due to Montas being ineligible I chose Franklin Perez. So I have no problem if Montas is removed from my roster and Perez is added. In this case Jurado should be in the $2 slot and Perez in the $1 slot.

Montas should have been ruled ineligible, and therefore the Sapphire Sox should have received Jurado as his 4th round pick, and Franklin Perez as his 5th round pick, as noted by:

ROUND #4
Code: Select all
    Team Name                    Date         Pick Window (Time)   
10  Sapphire Sox                 3/30-3/31    10pm-2am       - Ariel Jurado P Tex

ROUND #5
Code: Select all
    Team Name                    Date         Pick Window (Time)   
10  Sapphire Sox                 4/01-4/02    10pm-2am       - Franklin Perez P Hou

Please update the OnRoto rosters to show this on Sapphire Sox's roster.
Rick Smetana
DodgerBlu@aol.com
Rick Smetana
The Commish

Return to BELL AL League