2016 and beyond

Head-to-head NL Fantasy Baseball <br />

2016 and beyond

Postby John Kobe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Since we're getting close to go time in the MLB, I thought it wise to post a note about where we are currently and where we might be heading in the future.

As of this moment, I am leaning towards a sabbatical for 2016 for both Sudsy and Pale. The reasons why are numerous, but the major ones are that Jared has been very busy with work lately and his free time and enthusiasm for drafts are at an all time low. My enthusiasm for drafts ran out a few years ago and hasn't returned, even though I've been in Sudsy for the past few seasons. The background work to get the season up and running has not been done at this point ( some of the database work has been, but the major parts of player lists and player ID's/ contracts / etc. has not. )

Add to that the recent death of my father-in-law and the ensuing funeral/memorial services and the travel necessary and it's become obvious that we're at the point where things aren't going to get done soon enough to have a full season. After things settle down, we might revisit the decision to take a sabbatical and possibly play a shortened season, but that isn't guaranteed.

I am also in the process of putting the house on the market and then moving, which makes the near future a complete unknown for my situation.

I apologize to those of you who are prepared to play. Hopefully things will have smoothed out by next spring and we can revive Sudsy and Pale.
John
John Kobe
Gruntled

Re: 2016 and beyond

Postby Crosley » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:53 pm

John - As I said in the Pale forum, I'll still be onboard whenever the leagues resume play. I've also sent you a related PM, which can be attended to after all the really important things are in the past.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?"

― Jim Bouton
Crosley
Frozen for DNA

Return to Sudsy Lager Baseball